Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A new beginning...












It is official, we are getting married! We had been talking about getting married, and even discussed doing it in the spring. On October 1, 2009, Gavin proposed. He had the day off of work, so we went out to lunch. He chose to go to The Oaks. I had never been there before, and it was beautiful! Beautiful and cold! Since the tables are outside, we got to sit in a canyon decorated in red, orange, and yellow. We were the only ones there, so we had the whole place to ourselves. Due to the chill in the air, we sat close and laughed over the weather. The sun would peak out of the clouds, and disappear just as quickly! We decided we better order something warm to sip on until we got our food! After we got done eating, Gavin popped the question! I was very surpised, and of course, started crying. BUT...so did he. It may have been cold, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world!

That evening, I went to dinner with Sonia and Lisa. We REALLY wanted Gavin to go, but he wouldn't. I haven't seen these girls in about 10 years. It was so fun to reconnect, update each other on our lives, and laugh about the good old days!

It really was a day to remember, and a day I will NEVER forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment