Saturday, August 3, 2013

Back In Action!

Shortly after starting our blog life got away from us.  The blog took a backseat to life and the updates stopped.  SO much as changed since then that it is worth starting up again.  I'll update you on all of us...

First of all, we bought a house!  Yes, our very own house.  It isn't far from where we lived but it sure is nice having the space.  Second, we have added to our family!  We are now a family of four, but I'll get to that soon!

Gavin:
Gavin has graduated college.  He got a new job being a computer geek and seems to like it pretty well.  We never see him since he works nights and I work days.  Madison loves spending the day with her daddy before he goes to work.

Madison:
She is growing like a weed!  She is such an amazing and kind hearted little girl.  I have honestly never met a young girl as loving and caring as she is.  She loves seeing her cousins and gets so excited to spend time with family.  She is the best big sister ever!  Every morning she has to give her baby brother a kiss.  She enjoys signing to him to calm him down and helping me with anything she can get her little hands on!
Me:
 Well I'm doing ok I suppose.  As I said, I had another baby.  It was a pretty rough pregnancy to say the least.  At 26 (on Cinco De Mayo!) I started to hemorrhage.  I spent four days in the hospital and found out I had a partial placental abruption.  My placenta was literally separating from my body causing the baby to lose out on nutrients he very much needed. I also found out that this is a condition that could be fatal for me and the baby.  After the bleeding was under control, I was sent home on bed rest with the exception to go to work.  For a month I was still having some bleeding and contractions.  On June 6th something felt "off".  I wasn't sure what it was, but something seemed different.  I had a lot more bleeding and felt more tired than usual. After work I picked up Madison from the sitter and went home.  I thought perhaps some rest would make me feel better but I was wrong.  I got some things together and dropped Madison off with my sister and headed up to the hospital to get checked.  I was having contractions, but as I said earlier I had been having them for a month.  After being hooked up to monitors, we discovered that the baby's heart rate was showing signs of stress.  At that time I was informed I would be having an emergency C-section and my doctor was already in route to the hospital.  Gavin's mom went up to the hospital and she tried calling Gavin as the doctor came in and explained the situation.  Since he worked an hour away, he didn't make it in time.  Everything from this point on was a blur!  Nurses were rushing about giving me different fluids in my IV, pulling my hair back, and prepping me for surgery.  Before I knew it I was being rushed down the hall.  Suddenly I was in the bright white of the operating room and my mother in law came with.  I was transferred to a table and sat up on the edge for the anesthesiologist to work his magic.  Unfortunately, it was very magical.  He had a hard time finding the right place in my spine.  Since it was an emergency and he was rushed, I received multiple pokes in my spine.  He hit so many nerves that he was asking me where I was feeling the pain to know where he was at.  I could hear him saying things about too much spinal cord fluid coming out and too much blood, how they needed a different size needle and tubing, and how they weren't sure why they weren't getting to the right area.  As I was hunched over and they found the spot in my spine, my water broke.  Here I am, 30 weeks pregnant and having an emergency C-section, and my water breaks.  My contractions dilated me to a 5 and he was certainly coming out.  At that point everything got rushed and became even more of an emergency.  After a few minutes I heard the doctor say he had the baby, but there was no crying.  Pure silence.  They rushed the baby out of the room and into the Newborn Intensive Care Unit before he had a chance to take his first breath.  It was just silent except for the faint sound of the music the doctor was listening to.  I had no idea if my baby was ok, if he was breathing, or if he made it!  After a while a nurse came in to say he made it and was screaming in the NICU.  I was relieved.  They stitched me up and got me back to my room.  I kept feeling like I was going to pass out, but I knew it was because I was in shock. As I got there I found my sisters, my daughter, my sister in laws, and Gavin all waiting for me.  Gavin got to go see our new baby boy and took the others down with him.  Jaxon Wade Taylor was born at 9:14 p.m. measuring 2 lb 6 oz and 14 inches long.  He was 10 weeks premature and would not be leaving the NICU anytime soon.  I then found out from a nurse that my extra bleeding was the placenta separating more and my body starting to hemorrhage.  This started the 7 week journey to where we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment