Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Birthday?! WHATEVER!

So this year was supposed to be a big birthday. It was my 30th...as if that isn't depressing enough, the day pretty much sucked! For starters, Gavin had to work. Then it snowed like crazy! My mom agreed to go to a movie, and it was horrible trying to get there! I finally made it, after almost getting hit by a semi! After the movie, I had a little shopping to do to prepare for New Year's at my sister's house. Katie stopped by to see me with her son. I love my Katie! That was awesome, we ordered pizza and hung out. Gavin came home and surprised me with some flowers and a DVD. That was very sweet of him, and the best part of the day! Then dinner time came. You see, Gavin invited the world to my birthday dinner on his Facebook page. Out of all of the people that were invited by facebook, text, or phone calls, that said they were coming, or even inquired stating they wanted to celebrate with us, only 4 other people showed up for my birthday dinner. Kevin and Dani came, and my parents came. I seriously wanted to walk out the door and go home and crawl in bed. Or a hole. Anywhere but be there. Talk about feeling unimportant! I was so upset that I couldn't eat much. I took over half of my dinner home with me. Gavin thought I didn't like it, but I did. I was just too upset to eat it. But oh well, it's over now. I very much appreciate Gavin making the effort for my birthday, and I LOVE the flowers he got me. From now on, I give up on my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment