January...Beginning of a new year. Gavin and I spent New Year's Eve together, and were cuddled up when the clock struck midnight. It might sound boring, but it was such a great and relaxing way to welcome the new year.
February...Not much happened this month. I was working at Lexington, and Gavin was working at Quantronix.
March...Spring is starting to come, and Gavin and I are looking forward to fishing this year!
April...My back started to hurt off and on. I went to the insta-care a couple of times with no luck for relief. The doctor didn't seem to take me seriously and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about.
May...Spring is here, and the fishing can start! A couple small trips here and there, but nothing big. My back starts to hurt worse and worse.
June...Now my back hurts regularly. It is hard to walk, hard to sit, and hard to stand. I went to the doctor, and of course it was the same doctor from insta-care! What horrible luck! I told him I knew the pain, and something was seriously wrong. He finally got an attitude and ordered an MRI and CT scan of my back. Sure enough, there was a ruptured disc that was pinching off my nerves. After many trips to the hospital, I had surgery. The surgeon fused my spine, built a metal cage inside of it, and put in new bolts and rods.
Aunt Laurabell passed away in this time. I love you Aunt Laurabell!
July...Trying to recover from surgery. It was miserable. I spent the days mostley alone taking care of myself. We spent the 4th of July with both families, and then headed home for some much needed rest.
August...Still not healed, but doing a little better. Gavin and I decided it would be good to go back to Iowa to spend time with family. My grandmother had been diagnosed with cancer, and I hadn't seen her in a while. It was the perfect time to get away. I could rest and be around family, introduce Gavin to family, and just enjoy being back in Iowa.

Gavin loved it there! We stayed with my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Bob in their farm house. It was amazing! I showed Gavin where I grew up, my favorite places to go, historical places, and the good old Iowa State Fair! We got in a couple of fishing trips with my mom and my Uncle Ken. Gavin was amazed trying out live bait for fishing, it was fun to watch him!

We went to John Wayne's house, literally! He was born in Winterset, IA and the house is still there. It was fun to see.

Then I showed him the bridges from the movie Bridges of Madison County, since they are in the same area as The Duke's house. We spent time with family, and he got to meet the redneck side AND the Italian side! (Poor guy!) One of the days was dedicated to Uncle Bob. He took us to Knoxville, Iowa to show Gavin the Sprint Car Museum and track. The nationals were going on, and I was pretty bummed that we couldn't get tickets. But Gavin did get to see the cars that Tony Stewart own, and he is one of Gav's favorite nascar drivers.

He also showed Gavin the new Nascar track. Gavin was loving that day! The state fair was amazing, and Gav was shocked at how big it is. It was a great day! All in all, I am very glad we went to Iowa. The memories we have are priceless!
September...Welcome to the world baby Briggs! Gavin's brother, Justin, and his wife Kenzee welcomed their first child to the world. He is such an amazing little guy. I've only held him once, but I sure do love him! (Seriously, not everybody can look as good as Kenzee after giving birth...I'm not sure how she does it!)

October...Welcome to the world baby Berlynn! This time it was Gavin's brother, Richie, and his fiance, Brittany welcoming their first child to the world. She is such a cutie!

This is also the day my life changed forever. Gavin asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES! He set the date for May 1, 2010.
November...The holiday season has started. We spent Thanksgiving with both families. It is much better this way. We don't want to leave anybody out, and family is important to both of us.
December...Christmas is coming fast! I've finished all of the Christmas shopping, and spent the week of Christmas baking breads and making candies. It was exhausting! I'm glad it is done! One Christmas Eve, we went to visit my son's grave. It took a good half of an hour to dig him out from the snow and ice. It was heartbreaking, but it felt good to be close to him. We brought flowers and a little M&M Christmas guy. It was pretty cute! Then we went to Gavin's sister's grave and cleaned off the ice and snow. We left flowers for Jill, and some little M&M guys for her. (He said she really like M&M's!) That night we went to Gav's friend's house for a little party, then off to see the lights in Layton Park. Afterwards we opened our gifts and got ready for Christmas day! We spent Christmas day with both families again. It was fun, but a bit hectic. Now the month is almost over. Tomorrow is my birthday, and then we begin the new year.
If you are reading this, I hope you take the time to reflect on your year. It would be fun to read! It is amazing how much can happen in a year. Next year will be even more crazy! I love you all and I wish you all many blessings in your new year.




No comments:
Post a Comment