Tuesday, December 8, 2009

'Tis the season!

It's Christmas time. The stress is raising, the snow is falling, and the Spirit is missing. The first two are pretty normal for the season, but I had to fix the last part! Gavin kept telling me that we would get my Christmas tree out of storage this past weekend. Saturday he worked with Dave for a bit. Then Saturday evening we went to visit his brother and sister-in-law. She has back problems like I do and she was in a lot of pain. I knew I could help her and to me that was more important than getting my Christmas tree. Besides, we had Sunday...right? WRONG! I was excited to get the much needed decorations until Gavin said he didn't want to go anywhere. Well hell! Now what?! Wait ANOTHER week?! Sure..fine..whatever...UNLESS you are me! Yep you guessed it...yesterday I went to my storage unit myself and got the decorations. Murphy's Law states that whatever you need is going to be buried in the very back. And it was. But that wasn't going to stop me! EASY PEASY...I unstacked the boxes, rearranged totes, and left an hour later with a car full of Christmas! I got home, unloaded the car, and started pulling out the decorations! The garland is strung, the stockings are hung, and the Christmas tree is up....but not decorated! After all that work, Gavin wasn't in the mood to decorate the tree. He said we would do it Tuesday night after he got home from work, and after we got back from helping my sister with her computer. UGH...fine...my back hurts way too bad to argue. I really want to decorate it together, as I think it is important to carry on past traditions and to welcome new ones. We used to decorate the tree as a family, and that is something I want to continue with. However, now it is time for a pain pill and a nice hot cup of candy cane tea to help apologize to my back for lifting and moving all of the boxes in the storage unit. My back currently hates me and is letting me know it by aching with every move I make!

No comments:

Post a Comment