Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's up!

Just to update, the Christmas tree is up! It's fun to have it up, and even the Grinch himself said he liked it. We turned on some holiday tunes and went to town on it! I think Gavin was getting in to it when he yelled, "I get to put the angel on the top!" Um..ok (giggle) go right ahead! He even hung some of the special ornaments that I have. My special ornaments are actually for Skyler. There is a bell ("everytime a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings!"), and angel on a glass cloud, an ornament that my mom wrote Skyler's name on, and a little candy cane that was made by a friend for Skyler. Knowing that they were special, Gavin grabbed a couple and hung them carefully on the tree. It hurts knowing that something as silly as an ornament is how I celebrate Christmas with my son. As I hung the last ornament, my heart broke, and the tears started flowing. Gavin was right there to hold me tight. He didn't say a word, just help me. He knew, and he understood. It was an emotional night, but it was a good night. Hopefully it will a tradition that will stick with us through the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment