
She is here! Gavin and I are proud to announce the birth of Madison Faye Taylor into the world! She was born at 2:57 p.m. on September 1, 2010. She was 7 lbs 8 oz and 20" long. She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Here is her story...
We went to the hospital at 7:00 a.m. At 8:00 they started the pitocin, and at 8:15 the doctor broke my water. I chose to have an epidural, so we did that when I reached 4/5 on the dilation scale. Unfortunately, the epidural stopped working on one side of my body. From that point on my right side got to feel every contraction as well as the birth. Around 2:30 they checked me and I was at a 10 and ready to push. As they were getting the doctor and setting up the room, Gavin started feeling the reality of seeing his baby girl and almost passed out! (Really, it was touching and funny at the same time.) We were blessed to have my mother, Gavin's mother, and both of my sisters in the room with us to help us out. We couldn't have done it without them! Once the doctor got there, everything went so quickly. They told me when to push, and after just 2 big pushes Madison was out! The doctor was very impressed with how quickly she came. However, my body was not and the stitches tell THAT tale! LOL That night we spent time with our baby girl and welcomed family and friends to visit. We were released early the next morning to go home. Gavin took one week off of work, and is currently back to his routine of work and school. We really never get to see him Monday through Thursday. It has taken an emotional toll on me, but I support him and I am so proud of him for sticking it out! We will update more later.




No comments:
Post a Comment